Elden Ring Ng+ or New Game+ (NG+), is an unlockable feature that allows you to begin a new trip while keeping your Stats and chosen pieces of Equipment. This page explains how to join New Game Plus, what improvements it brings to gameplay, and what equipment it brings with it. There are also community ideas for what you might wish to complete before embarking on your next adventure.
Elden Ring New Game Plus
After you beat the last boss and watch the credits, the game will ask you to "Begin your journey 2. If you do not want to restart Journey 2, you can do it later at the Table of Lost Grace in Roundtable Hold”.
Elden Ring NG+ Checklist
- Hand the Twin Maiden Husks the following Bell Bearings:
- Bone Peddler's Bell Bearing
- Meat Peddler's Bell Bearing
- Medicine Peddler's Bell Bearing
- Somberstone Miner's Bell Bearing
- Glovewort Picker's Bell Bearing
- Ghost-Glovewort Picker's Bell Bearing
- Gravity Stone Peddler's Bell Bearing
- Smithing-Stone Miner's Bell Bearing
- Collect many final Upgrade Materials
- Great Grave Glovewort
- Great Ghost Glovewort
- Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone
- Somber Ancient Dragon Smithing Stone
- Farm Runes to purchase Merchants.
- Collect the following one-of-a-kind Key Items:
- Tears of Crystal
- Find all Scrolls and Prayerbooks and turn them in to a trainer to purchase their Spells.
- Slay dragons to gain Dragon Hearts, which can then be used to purchase Incantations at the Cathedral of Dragon Communion.
- Obtain all Larval Tears in preparation for future Rebirth.
- Complete any lesser objectives that you don't wish to redo in Elden Ring NG+.
- Turn in all Deathroots (9) to the Gurranq Beast Clergyman, for example.
- Kill any NPCs from whom you want the stuff.
- Make a backup of your save file (just in case).
- Collect Stonesword Keys; these will be carried over and used in the next playthrough.
- Trade for any Remembrance Weapons you may want to dual-wield in the future, as each weapon may only be gained once per NG cycle.
- Obtain whatever weapons you intend to dual-wield in the next game, as most weapons may only be earned once per NG cycle.
- To duplicate Remembrances, use all 7 Walking Mausoleums.
- Gather all non-renewable crafting supplies.
- Collect as many of the following Key Items as possible:
- Cracked Pots (20)
- Ritual Pots (10)
- Perfume Bottles (10)
- Memory Stones (8)
- Talisman Pouches (3)
- Upgrade your Sacred Flasks completely
- Golden Seeds (30)
- Sacred Tears (12)
- Gather all Talismans
- Farm any weapons or armor dropped by enemies (optionally respec for Arcane).
- If you intend to play a different build from the start of NG+, respect your character with Rennala.
What carries over to Elden Ring NG+?
When creating an NG+, keep the following items and discoveries in mind:
- All levels and runes are retained.
- Any armor, weapons, seals, and staves (including chest contents), as well as their upgrades and upgrade materials, are maintained.
- Learned incantations and sorceries are also stored. They will respawn and replenish.
- Cookbooks, as well as the Crafting Kit and tailoring tools, are carried over. They will not respawn or replenish their supplies.
- Talismans and Talisman Pouches are all carried over. Talismans regenerate in the world, although copies cannot be worn.
- Torrent is immediately available at the start of the new game.
- The map exploration, acquired map fragments, location markers, and custom markers are all carried over, but the Sites of Grace are all gone and must be found again.
- This excludes the "map" items that serve as quest clues, as well as the red markers put by missions.
- The underground map is not accessible until the player first visits an underground location, however map exploration and marks are preserved.
- Except for the Finger Reader Crone marks, which are always available in Patch 1.03, NPC markings do not carry over and must be rediscovered.
- Co-op summons continue to function properly due to the level difference barrier, which may be circumvented using a password.
- Invasions from other players within your level range will continue.
- Any boss Remembrance is saved, but it will not be available for replication until the corresponding boss is defeated in the new game.
- Sacred Tears and Golden Seeds persist in your inventory and respawn in the world, and flask upgrades are retained. However, flask upgrades have the same cap of 14 charges at +12.
- The Flask of Wondrous Physick and any Crystal Tears acquired carry over but do not respawn.
- Stonesword Keys in your inventory will be carried over, and Stonesword Keys in the environment will respawn.
- Memory Stones gathered previously are stored and do not respawn.
- All previously collected Whetblades, Cracked Pots, Ritual Pots, and Perfume Bottles are retained and do not respawn. Merchants that sell certain things will not replenish their inventories.
- You retain all of your Dragon Hearts, Rune Arcs, Starlight Shards, Memory of Grace, Larval Tears, Spirit Ashes, Ashes of War, Lost Ashes of War, and Celestial Dews. These items respawn in the world as well.
- Reusable objects that are not tied to quests are carried over: for example, Mimic's Veil, Regal Omen Bairn, Radiant Baldachin's Blessing, Margit's Shackle, Telescope, Lantern, Weathered Map, Blasphemous Claw
- All Merchant Notes are retained and will not be restocked.
- All Prattling Pates are saved and respawn in the world.
- You preserve all previously obtained gestures.
What changes with Elden Ring NG+?
When starting a fresh NG+ playthrough, you will notice the following differences:
- The number of runes obtained from enemies and bosses grows.
- The increase for NG+ varies each boss, ranging from a 5x increase for earlier monsters to a 2x increase for later bosses.
- With certain exceptions, the factor appears to be area dependent (5x in Limgrave, 3x in Liurnia of the Lakes, Mt. Gelmir, Altus Plateau, Leyndell, Royal Capital, 2x in Dragonbarrow, Mountaintops of the Giants, Leyndell, Capital of Ash,...)
- As seen in the table below, further Journeys increase the quantity of runes acquired based on NG+ or Journey 2.
- Enemies and bosses have more health and deliver more damage. The amount of increase varies depending on the enemy and location, with lower level locations experiencing bigger increases.
- When you enter NG+, the movement slowness induced by specific region dangers (such as lava and marshes) is reduced.
- It is unknown whether this is planned behavior or not.
- There are no new goods or enemies to be found. All +1 and +2 talismans can be obtained in a single playthrough.
What doesn't carry over to Elden Ring NG+?
This is a list of things and discoveries that you do not keep and must earn again in an NG+:
- All Great Runes must be gained and restored anew in the new game, including the tale requirement of two Great Runes to get entrance to Leyndell.
- Bell Bearings delivered to the Twin Maiden Husks must be discovered again in the world, including item or upgrade Bell Bearings that enlarge the inventory and NPC Bell Bearings that add shop menu items. Bell Bearings that are still in your inventory but have not been turned in are likewise gone. As of the 1.05 patch, the following Bell Bearings are carried over when given to the Twin Maiden Husks: Bone Peddler's Bell Bearing/ Meat Peddler's Bell Bearing/ Medicine Peddler's Bell Bearing/ Gravity Stone Peddler's Bell Bearing/Smithing-Stone Miner's Bell Bearing/ Somberstone Glovewort/ Miner's Bell Bearing Picker's Bell Bearing/Ghost-Glovewort Picker's Bell Bearing
- All pieces of the Dectus Medallion, Rold Medallion, and Haligtree Secret Medallion must be recovered.
- The Pureblood Knight's Medal must be obtained one more.
- Key objects essential for plot progression, closed doors, or NPC quests must be obtained again. For example, both Academy Glintstone keys, Black Knifeprint, Sewer-Gaol Key, Miquella's Needle, and so on.
- All Mending Runes must be obtained again.
- Previously discovered Sites of Grace must be visited and activated again; their locations on the map are not saved.
- Martyr Effigies must be activated again before they can be summoned.
- Progress towards the Legendary Armaments achievement; all essential items for the achievement must be obtained in a single voyage. This can be avoided by storing weapons and retrieving them later ("collecting" them).
- This subject is hotly contested. Additional testing is required.
- Letters, clues, and other papers gained via NPC tasks must be obtained again.
- Painting puzzle clues must be located again.
- Any side quests will be reset, as will your relationship with any NPCs.
- Sorcery scrolls and Incantation prayer books are lost upon reset and must be presented to trainer NPCs anew.
- The Mark of Frenzied Flame will be removed from your character, as will any aesthetic changes (eye alterations and the burn marks from the Three Fingers). Dragon Communion incantations are carried over, but must be purchased again due to visual changes.